Skip to content
PremeSports
Share

Rashod Bateman Faces Three Charges Following Arrest

Share
Rashod Bateman Faces Three Charges Following Arrest

Ravens WR Rashod Bateman is facing three charges stemming from an alleged incident involving his ex-girlfriend in Georgia earlier this summer.

Bateman has been charged with battery-family violence, reckless conduct and first-degree criminal damage to property following the June 3 incident, according to TMZ.

According to the arrest warrant, Bateman allegedly used an object to break the windshield and driver’s side window of his ex-girlfriend’s Mercedes-Benz around 6 a.m. Their 3-month-old child was reportedly sitting in a car seat in the back of the vehicle.

The shattered glass allegedly caused multiple small cuts to the woman’s face. The responding officer also noted seeing glass and multiple contusions on her face.

Bateman’s attorneys said he surrendered to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office the same day.

A couple of weeks after the incident, Bateman requested that a no-contact order be removed after the alleged victim indicated she wanted to have contact with him. The court approved the request, while ordering Bateman to have no violent contact with her.

A spokesperson for the Baltimore Ravens issued the following statement:

“We are aware of the situation involving Rashod and have been in direct communication with him. We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process. As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment.”

The situation brings even more attention because of the organization’s little tolerance for violence, if you remember former Ravens RB Ray Rice.

In 2014, the Ravens released Rice after video surfaced showing him striking his then-fiancée inside an elevator. Baltimore initially supported Rice after the incident, but distanced itself when the video went public. Head coach John Harbaugh said the team moved quickly to release Rice after seeing the video.

The NFL also suspended Rice indefinitely, but he later successfully appealed. He never appeared in another NFL game.

For now, Bateman’s case remains ongoing, and the Ravens have not announced anything further.

Watch Next

On YouTube

Fernando Mendoza’s 1st pick-6! #fyp #nfl #football #raiders #shorts

Woody Marks couldn’t be stopped! #fyp #shorts #nfl #football

AJ Brown has been the BEST WR on the field #fyp #shorts #eagles #patriots #nfl #football

I could NEVER do this IRL😭 #fyp #shorts #nfl #football #eagles